Friday 3 August 2012

Digger - role call



Name:  Digger
Role in crew: Exploration, reclamation of items, scavenging for parts, amateur antiquarian. Not adverse to violence.

Specialities:
 Finding things of value <legally and otherwise>, Making tea, Appropriate levels of violence, Explosives, Writing up of exploits, Keen antiquarian.

Background:
I grew up in south london, son of a teacher, and eldest of a brood of boys. I did passably well at school, and decided to further my education. I was thrown out of a degree in archeology for dissolution, I travelled about, working form place to place, doing jobs ranging from serious exploration of the Peruvian jungles for antiquities, to being the doorman at a most seedy emporium of young ladies,  to gain enough money to settle down.
Didn't really work, and after a particularly ill planned trip to North Africa, wound up destitute, badly shot in the left arm, and partially naked in Marrakech, relying on my wits and a good set of running boots to get me through. I was, needless to say, in trouble.

How did you end up on the Marlin IV?
Well, Mr Baker found me. I was working in a house of ill repute. Not as one of the, erm, employees, but as one of the employees, if you catch my meaning. Anyway, he found me....don't know what he was doing there, posh fellow like him. We got to talking and, well, he seemed to like me and offered me a job. I jumped at the chance. Once I got used to being aloft I settled in quite nicely.
The ships doctor, and engineer  even got together and fixed me up a metal and leather  assister for my poor shot left arm. Good bunch the crew, mostly. I spend my time looking for places of interest along the way, sort of like a tour guide. A tour guide with a gun and a trowel. And a partly mechanical arm. Life's interesting, ain't it?

Digger

No comments:

Post a Comment